001 – Can you imagine innovating in the crypto world from a job as dissimilar as medicine?
Thank you for reading this post, don’t forget to subscribe!
Yes, it already happened in the crypto world. Physician Peter Waterland shared his work in public hospitals in Great Britain with his personal passion for computational development, blockchain technology and encryption.
In the midst of his research, Waterland became aware of a possibility: a quantum computer could breach the security of the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA), the standard that enables the digital signature characteristic of well-known cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ether, among others.
Thus, in 2016, Waterland created the Quantum Resistant Ledger (QRL), a blockchain platform resistant to possible attacks from quantum computing secured by the XMSS, a secure hash-based digital signature scheme approved by the US NIST (National Institute of Standards Technology, Entity attached to the local Department of Commerce).
Quantum computing is a computing paradigm different from classical computing based on the so-called qubit or quantum bit: an information representation system different from the bit, capable of storing several values. Quantum computing already represents great technological advances in areas such as computer science and genetic processing, which will become clearer in the years to come, but which could also represent digital security threats, according to a warning from the NSA, the National Security Agency (the main U.S. intelligence agency).
Today QRL is already a cryptoasset (also a token of the same name) that we can trust, with activity in major markets and facilities for users (e.g. Wallet).
Here you can find out the daily variation of the QRL value on the crypto market (CoinMarketCap platform).
Is it worth investing in QRL?
Yes, here are some features:
• Secure Digital Assets: QRL provides secure digital assets to its users against current and emerging threats. It also enables interactions with secure “post-quantum” public and private blockchains built on top of the platform’s core protocol.
• Post-quantum secure communications: QRL is the first post-quantum secure messaging layer of its kind for extremely secure virtual communications.
• Broad integration and diverse ecosystem: The platform offers a rich API experience for developers, making QRL a healthy enterprise-grade solution. It also offers robust integration accompanied by pioneering digital asset storage hardware solutions for its users.
• Developer-oriented: The platform is integrated, with comprehensive tools, documentation and a rich API, allowing tools to build anything on an industrial-grade network for today and tomorrow. Features such as Quantum Resilient Token (QRT) compatibility, on-chain message compatibility, etc. make QRL a developer-friendly platform.
• Easy to use: The platform is a complete set of products for users, from wallets to desktop applications. The QRL download page has products for desktop computers, such as Windows, Mac and Linux.
How to invest in QRL?
You can find QRL on marketplaces such as Bittrex Global, Cointiger and Tidecoin Exchange, among others.
You also have faucet investment options and other ways available on QRL’s Discord.
Take a step into the future and bet on QRL today!
Links of interest
– Official web: http://www.theqrl.org
– QRL Whitepaper (versión oficial en español): https://github.com/theQRL/Whitepaper/blob/master/translations/es/QRL_whitepaper_es.pdf
– QRL Blockchain Explorer: https://explorer.theqrl.org/
– Discord QRL: https://discord.gg/BheKAZb